Saturday, December 20, 2014

Product Review - So Delicious: CocoWhip Whipped Topping...

Full-Fat CocoWhip
















Oh my goddess, have you heard about So Delicious's new product? CocoWhip - Coconut Whipped Topping? This stuff is amazing, AH-MAZING! Seriously, Vegan Cool Whip, that's all you really need to know.

No, but seriously, when it comes to making amazing vegan dairy products So Delicious has always been in the lead. Their Creamers, their Holiday Beverages, and their Cultured yogurts are all unmatched, and their ice cream is out of this world, but their new CocoWhip may just be the best thing they've ever made.
















Vegans everywhere have been waiting a long time for vegan whip cream, and yes, we do have vegan whip in cans, a Rice Whip - which I particularly like, - and a Soy Whip, but the truth is these two whips are kind of a pain in the ass. You need to leave them at room temp for 15-20 minutes to soften so that they can be applied to desserts, and very often I find that the lever that releases the whip breaks, causing the whip to become stuck inside and therefore useless. Both of these products also contain ingredients which I consider to be questionable, but they work in a pinch. Of course, you can make your own coconut whip at home too, and I've done so many times but I'll be honest, when you're planning a big dinner and you have countless dishes to prepare sometimes making your own whip is the last thing on your mind. In times like these convenience is essential for piece of mind.

Full Fat CocoWhip
An Inside Shot, see, look how fluffy! 


















So, what makes So Delicious's CocoWhip so great? First of all it's delicious! Really it is. I mean it's been years since I had Cool Whip but this tastes exactly like I remember Cool Whip to be like. Or maybe 'exactly' is doing a disservice to So Delicious, because their CocoWhip is actually better then Cool Whip. It's fluffy, creamy, and decadent and doesn't melt when you scoop it atop a dessert and let it sit for a few. Other Whips tend to go runny if refrigerated for even short periods. So, flavor wise this stuff is dead on, there is NO comparison. I love that CocoWhip comes in a tub so you can easily scoop it out and plop it on desserts. No more fiddling with frustrating cans.

Lite CocoWhip
















The other thing I really like about this product is the ingredient list. As I said the other whips on the market have some questionable ingredients but Coco Whip keeps things simple. Both the Full-Fat and the Lite Versions of CocoWhip contain Coconut Oil, water, Tapioca Syrup, Cane Syrup, Pea Protein, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum and Sunflower Lecithin. Most of these are organic, and the product itself Non-GMO verified. Another cool thing about CocoWhip is that it's pretty allergen friendly. It's soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, and nut-free. It's also Kosher.

I really can't say enough good things about this product. The first tub I bought we went through in less then a few days. I am officially addicted to this stuff! Although it must be said that while the full-fat version has a higher calorie count it also has the better texture. The Lite Whip is really rather runny, it doesn't firm up or fluff the way that the full fat version does. Taste wise it's still great, but if you're looking for fluffy whip go with full-fat. If you're looking to make a presentation, go with full-fat. If you don't care about any of that and are only concerned with calories then buy the lite, as I said it also tastes great, it just doesn't look as pretty.

You can learn more about So Delicious products here, but I don't think they have CocoWhip listed on their website yet as it just came out in November.

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds like someone is truly sold on this product! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for this! One ? Does it leave a after taste in your mouth? Cause I find Cool Whip leaves a oily taste in the mouth, that's why I am not a big fan of Cool Whip! S.T.

    ReplyDelete